Final Fantasy XIII-2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebirth
The Barbecue Sauce for Vii's Pancakes
Rebirth

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Empty
PostFinal Fantasy XIII-2

Not mentioned in the video, but just as you know there are exploreable towns and the money system is a lot better. Oh and the upgrading weapons feature is gone. So you'll use the money on default weapons, items and stuff I imagine. Yes i know there's a IGN video. But I don't like IGN lol.

Release: 31/1/12. I believe this is NA/EU release, same date. I think.

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Final Fantasy XIII-2 :: Comments

valtizar
Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2
Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:08 pm by valtizar
I'm actually excited for this game. Definitely going to be getting it when it comes out.
Zangetsu
Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:47 pm by Zangetsu
Do want...now. Dx
Rebirth
Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:17 pm by Rebirth
Glad to see I'm not alone xD
Ghaleon
Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:21 am by Ghaleon
Smh. Its gonna suck. You only 2 playable characters, and the rest are guests.No control of lightning except for a 20 min tutorial.
No summons, and in their place a monster trapping system.
Rehashed music from XIII, and plot that has NOTHING to do with the original? add to that the fact that its failing in japan, and people are wanting to fire the director AND the writer? Yeah i'm out.

Rebirth
Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:43 pm by Rebirth
Could just be rumors. Still getting the game though. If I don't like it I can always re-sell on amazon for 10% off what I bought it for. I don't mind either way.
Ghaleon
Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:22 pm by Ghaleon
Sadly its fact. I've played the japanese demo, and my friend imported the game. V_V I had higher hopes for this game too. If anything... its a bit more flashy. But seriously, its a total train wreck. No doubt they were scrambling to get the fans united again, but as they say, haste makes waste...

Final battle and ending. Spoiler alert!

Spoiler:

We've just been toriyama'd aka trolled! >_<
Rebirth
Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:35 pm by Rebirth
When deciding if or not to buy a game you should absolutely not get affected by what others think and since I want this game, yeah I'll get it. For those who want more information:

Spoiler warnings

Ghaleon
Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:18 pm by Ghaleon
If you say so Rebi. From what I saw, you will not see this game writ out as a 'sequel". As a stand alone titles yes i could see it working out well, as a direct story line plot Bent on the continuance of a story?...No.

Again, that's what the game WILL bring in terms of plot. Its not opinion, its fact. Its doing its best to ignore XIII altogether. Disowning it so to speak.

I don't know what these devs were thinking, but from what i played in the Japanese demo, and the imported game, it feels...awfully quickly thrown together to me for a Square-Enix title, especially Final Fantasy.

I had hopes too... Only versus XIII looks interesting to me now.I'll stand by my statement, if any game can salvage the franchise, that would be it.

Not this damn whore out they are doing. I mean how can you condone this for the series??

...Yeah. that's what they wanna start making. Cheap ass games that sully the past successes. Final Fantasy is dying, and this is that flat lining sounds that can be heard from its heart monitor.
Rebirth
Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:34 am by Rebirth
FF XIII-2 wont be a bad game. It's going to be a great game.Hating it so much before even trying it for a few hours is short sighted. I have friends who's completed the JP FF13-2 version and they love it. I do however agree with the fact that Versus is one of the last hopes for FF. Even though FF13-2 sold 500k at release or the first week, it's still a lot lower than 13. But another hope is Type-0, the game looks really good. Like CC level good, but still different. I think it'll be awesome. As for the company, they should really release KH3 rather than a new FF. It would sell A LOT. As of August 2010, the Kingdom Hearts series has shipped over 14 million. By my calculations, the series should have sold around 20m by now. Keep in mind KH has a much less games than FF. And you might say sales don't count for how a good game is. But that isn't true. If a game series was bad it wouldn't sell over 10million copies.
Ghaleon
Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:49 am by Ghaleon
Again, that's not entirely accurate Rebi.

A sale constitutes a transaction, and pre order hype leads to pre orders. We would need to factor in how many transactions there are from these pre game sales, that hit the books, before a game is even released.

This NEEDS to be factored in for whether a game was selling copies based on hype prior to release, or content quality in the final product.

Another thing that needs to be done, is factoring in the amount of pre orders and after launch sales which are traded back in within the first 2-3 months, and how many people buy used games due to these, as those are what we call "Lost sales".

A game company does not make any profit off used game sales, thus they cannot be added to the books as sold copies. This is why online games have been adding the feature of registration codes over the years, and also is why the new sony pass method is being implemented. To combat used game sales.

And as for you saying i am pre judging a game, Rebi you should know better than that.

I did play the game. For 12 hours. So please don't try and assume me as some sort of fool judging a game's worth based on footage, and rumor alone. I don't take my opinions from those areas.

Furthermore, yes. they need to release KH 3.

In fact they already are. That my friend is going to be dream drop distance. Cannon plot places it directly after the events of KH 2. Following up on the mark of mastery exam, and in response to the letter sent to them by Mickey.

While not bearing the numerical label, its still the 3rd sequence of core plot events in the story's succession.

Judging by the execution of the plot thus far, I think its safe to assume numbered titles as anchor points in the story, as opposed to numerical order.

Also, I agree type 0 is a potential success. Its running on the monster hunter engine ( or so it seems), so that may or may not bode well, especially since in the west, popularity of that engine is a cult following, and not nearly as popular among the mainstream as of recently.
Rebirth
Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:58 am by Rebirth
You know better than to give me negative rep just because you don't agree. (I doubt anyone else is reading this blog at this point.) But I digress, we aren't going to agree so I'm done with this. : )
Ghaleon
Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:52 pm by Ghaleon
That's not why i neg repped ya rebi xD

Its because you assume i believe everything i hear when it comes to games.Or that you at least implied that you do.

I found that offensive, and that'w why i neg repped you.
Rebirth
Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:21 pm by Rebirth
lol then it's fine :O
Rebirth
Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:35 am by Rebirth
But that's a lame reason tbh. Normally on a forum people would report you for that. It's not allowed to just give out neg rep whenever you're offended.
Post  by Sponsored content

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aniworlds 2 :: Blogs-
Jump to: